Vanilla Orchid Variegated (Green & White) 4in (LC)
Vanilla Planifolia 'Vanilla Orchid' (Green & White Variegated)
- Light: Bright indirect. South facing exposure is best, ideally within 2 to 5 feet of the window but in a spot protected from any direct sun rays. If you don't have South, East exposure is your next best alternative for foliage plants, as they can handle some cool, gentle direct morning sun as long as it's filtered / dappled.
- Soil: A well-draining, high-quality mix orchid bark & sphagnum peat moss with a pH between 6.6 and 7.5
- Water: Moderate. This babe prefers to dry out a good bit between drinks but never completely (see our recommended guidelines below). When watering, always water thoroughly until water comes out the bottom. Make sure excess water drains to avoid root rot.
- Growing season (spring & summer) → Dry 25 to 50%
- Closer to 25% → higher light & temps / thinner leaves + smaller / more root-bound pots
- Closer to 50% → lower light & temps / fleshier leaves / bigger pots that aren’t as root bound
- Dormant season (fall & winter) → Dry 50 to 75%
- Closer to 50% → higher light & temps / thinner leaves + smaller / more root-bound pots
- Closer to 75% → lower light & temps / fleshier leaves / bigger pots that aren’t as root bound
- Humidity: HIGH. These babes need 80 - 85% humidity so when keeping them indoors, you'll need to coddle them next to a humidifier. But make sure there's plenty of good air circulation :)
- Pet and tiny human friendly: Unknown - keep out of reach of pets & kids to be safe!
- Pro-tip: These babes need warm temperatures between 75 to 85 degrees to thrive